When deciding where to stay when we travel, we typically look at hotels, but we also explore bed & breakfasts. Bed & breakfasts have pros and cons, but worth are exploring as an option.
Pros of Bed & Breakfasts:
- Nice breakfast included in the room rate
- Beds have always been super comfortable
- Feels more like a home
- Supporting a small business vs. a hotel chain
- Every room is a little different vs. cookie cutter rooms at a hotel
Cons of Bed & Breakfasts (may be pros for some people):
- Owners are typically very friendly, great unless you’re wanting to have a quick breakfast and head out
- Breakfast is served communal style with other guests
- Decor is typically more traditional and not very modern
- Typically in a neighborhood vs. downtown
The best site that we have found for searching for B&B locations is bedandbreakfast.com as the B&B sites themselves are not typically indexed high on Google searches. I always recommend booking directly through the B&B directly so the owner doesn’t have to pay any fees to the site that pulls all the B&B information together. If you’re lucky, you could possibly get a room upgrade like we did at Two Rivers Bed & Breakfast in Niagara Falls.